Sunday, March 29, 2009

Use it right!

I was facebook creeping as usual (don't judge, you all do it) and I saw a high school friend's page and decided to open it. On it, she posted pictures of her fiance proposing to her. He bought her a house and spelled out his proposal in tea light candles. But he spelled "marry" as "merry". I don't want to sound stuck up, but I'd be soooo mad if that's how I was proposed to. How could he not have taken the time to figure out which "marry/merry" to use? It's just lazy.

Second of all, another person's status said he "was board". Again, it's b-o-r-e-d. Little things like this really take away a person's credibility and it annoys the heck out of me.

I also got a text today from someone that said "are" when they meant to say "our". OK, these are two completely different words with very different meanings.

Why can't people figure this out and take the time to get it right?

2 comments:

  1. The 'merry' scenario is funny. I wouldn't have accepted the engagement with that type of proposal. If he didn't take the time out to spell 'marry' right, then he won't take time to pay attention to little things concerning his fiancee. Laziness tells a lot about a guy, especially when he doesn't take the time to get a message across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is ridiculous. It's crazy how much trouble homophones can be for people. I guess I'm guilty for making mistakes like that as well. The other day, I was writing a research paper and I wrote the word "bear" when I meant "bare." I'm glad I found it. If I would have turned it in with the mistake, the teacher probably would have thought I was an idiot.

    ReplyDelete